Monday, September 29, 2008

September 29... Art Declassified and crayons

OK. My problem was my wireless card, now it's working!!! YAY. Today I played with crayons a bit. I LOVE Art Declassified and used the wonderful Fete Days and Fete Flourish stamps from them for today's tutorial.First off you need to raid your child's stash of crayons. :) Actually if you sit along side them they would love to do this too! They could even do this on a coloring page. Take your crayons and color them as hard as you can to get these cool bits... leave the bits they make a cool effect.Take a piece of wax paper big enough to cover the crayon surface and iron the colored design to melt the wax. This is what will happen. Cool. The bits melt randomly over the surface.
This is the one I ended up using. I took the Days stamp and some StazOn because of the wax and stamped directly on the melted crayon.
Colorful! These are the two fabulous stamp sets that somebody will win from today! Just post a comment in this comment section. You will have until noon tomorrow. :) Check out Art Declassified's website for some neat stamps! Tomorrow is the last day of National Stamping Month. Tomorrow I will feature Crafter's Companion.

18 comments:

Gina said...

That's too cute and I love those stamps!!!

Heather said...

Very cool idea! I'm going to have to find those crayons I keep for our niece & nephew!!

Jingle said...

Such a fun technique! I love pulling out my Crayolas and I don't even have kids! LOL! Those are great stamps, too!

Anonymous said...

Wow that came so cool!!! The stamps are great!!!!
thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Just how late at night do you stay up coming up with these fabulous ideas???????????????? I have to say, I'm glad you do tho'! LOL! Thanks for the month long inspiration!
~Heather

leateach said...

oh oh oh me me!!! I love this ! These are great! I love the melted crayons.! :)

Tracey said...

That crayon technique is pretty cool! Thanks for sharing!

{windy's}WAY... said...

Cool technique...Glad to see you back up, again.. ;-)

CraftyRia said...

That is a very pretty effect! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love those stamps, and that technique is pretty cool too.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, looks familiar! I love this. I did the "crayon thingy" when I was a little girl. That brought back memories! The stamp on top is awesome. Beautiful work of art!

Bunny B said...

That's so cool! Love the stamps :)

Anonymous said...

omg, I totally forgot about doing that with crayons... but then adding the stamps is even more wonderful! Love it!

Fiorella said...

Great tutorial!!! Thank you soooooooo much!

Cassi said...

I'm so glad you're back! I've missed you! Love these stamps and the technique, I hope to be a winner. So sad stamp month is nearly over :(.

Best,

Cassi

Unknown said...

Beautiful techique. Thanks for doing this all month.

Elizabeth said...

very cool...I'm glad your back onlinw!!

Blessed Ladybug said...

I love the new rock and shake Gadget, great job.... I love the effect that you have melting crayon that was crayon right... I love the finished project .. thanks for sharing...